Sunday, January 19, 2014

Nail Art History

I used to be big on nail art. No joke, HUGE. I remember spending hours trying to draw stubborn little details on my nails. I didn't see it as a waste of time then, and I still don't see it as a waste of time now, because it was my own personal treat.
I shared a nail instagram (@cathirenenails) with my friend, Catherine, and we managed to gain around 1500 followers over the summer. It's nowhere near as many followers as other nail instagrams, but we were just really proud that 1500 people wanted to see what we were painting on our nails. Though we're not as active as we used to be (school -__-), we still post occasionally.
Anyways, I chose 4 of my favorite manis that I ever did. This was also back when I had long, almond shaped nails. You can see more of our manis (including Catherine's) on our instagram! (Look at how cute our name is though. Cathirenenails - seriously the perfect hybrid of our first names. It's meant to be! )


The black & white "Gucci" design was inspired by Kylie Jenner's manicure at the time. It's also my favorite nail art mani to date. The hardest ones to do, by far, were the exotic animalistic nails in the bottom right corner. The flowers were extremely difficult because I had no idea what I was doing! Good times, good times. 

-Irene

No comments:

Post a Comment