Saturday, January 25, 2014

Butter London Teddy Girl: Swatch + Review

My dad heard from the weatherman that my local area is setting a record because current temperatures are about 10 - 20 degrees higher than average. I already live in a desert climate, so adding 10 degrees to the already-warm temperatures makes it pretty much spring. LOL there was never a winter anyways. 

But what better way to start off "spring" than with a nice, pastel pink? Butter London Teddy Girl is the type of pink I associate with sweetness and girliness. It is such a gentle, feminine color and PERFECT for the transition from winter to spring. Though it makes for a great transitional color, it's also perfect to wear during the winter because it's one of those "icy" pastels.


Full review after the jump!



Someone needs to teach me how to hold Butter London bottles because I clearly have no idea. You'll see me holding a variety of random objects trying to test out my hand position, LOL.


Can't tell you how awkward this position felt. Indoor, natural lighting.
My old iPhone case. Matches pretty well, right? Outdoor, natural lighting.
EOS Lip Balm, LOL! Outdoor, natural lighting.
This was me giving up with holding stuff in my hands.
Back inside - indoor, natural lighting. 
The formula wasn't that good, which I hate to say for such a pretty color. It took me 3 coats to achieve the opacity and evenness that you see because there was too much streaking and pulling at 2 coats. The Butter London brush is nice but it just didn't work for this polish.

However, the wear of Teddy Girl completely made up for its atrocious formula. I wore this for about 5 days and there were NO chips and NO tip wear at all - I kid you not! Usually my nails don't chip anyway (thanks to my baby Seche Vite), but I get tip wear around the 3rd day. The fact that my nails still looked freshly painted on the fifth day just completely blew my mind.

There's a lot of dupes for this polish on the market AKA you don't have to splurge and buy this Butter London. A couple ones off the top of my head include Essie Fiji and OPI Mod About You. The formulas on all of three of these polishes are less-than-nice because the color is white-based, and anything white-based is cringe-worthy during application. Just know that the color pay-off will be worth it in the end!

-Irene.

No comments:

Post a Comment