Sunday, January 19, 2014

Essie The Lace Is On (Fall 2013) Swatch + Review!

Essie The Lace Is On was one of the polishes I'd always pick up and put down at the store. I had been eyeing it since August when it first came out, but I finally bought it 5 months later.

Full review after the jump!



Essie describes it as a "glistening jewel-toned pearlescent fuchsia," and there is literally no better description in the world. It practically glows and it's extremely bold. It's the quintessential "pink" for autumn. The formula's amazing and you only need 2 coats for perfect opacity and evenness. 

Overall (natural lighting)

Close up (left hand, if it matters)


The color is gorgeous and the formula is wonderful... so why don't I love it? Because I just don't like the way this color looks on me. It doesn't clash with my skin-tone; I'm just not partial to these type of colors. Simple as that.

(Bought mine at Walgreens for $8. At two of my local Walgreens, the Essie Fall 2013 collection was still in stock.)

-Irene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment